The Kitchen Spot

Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally an update!











With summer over and the kids back to school, I finally have a minute to post what we have been up to. Of course all the kids went back to school. Jonathan is back at Highland High School and is still in his self contained class, but is also taking Theatre and Clay. Jennifer started at the new high school. She seems to be liking it. She made the badminton team and they have their first match on Tuesday. Joshua started junior high and went out for the flag football team. He has to get up for practice at 5:30 am! It has been a long week for him. Jared started 4th grade and was accepted into the accelerated math program. Jacob started Kindergarten, he goes all day so I have a few hours with everyone gone. He has been loving it and thinks its pretty neat getting on the bus with Jared. I have been amazed how quickly he adjusted. All in all it has been a pretty good start to the school year.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow! It sounds SUPER busy but I can't help but get excited to be at the stage where the kids are away to school! So what do you do with your time now? Other than blog of course!
:)
Glad to see you back!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

All day Kindergarten! Wow, what a treat! I bet he loves it. Looks like it will be a good school year for all!

Lisa said...

Sounds like the kids are all involved in some fun activities. I think Josh really enjoyed the backyard football games at Grandma's, so it doesn't surprise me that he wanted to do flag football. I hope they all have a fun year!

Platt Lucky 7 said...

That is great that Jared is in the accelerated math program. I wonder if any of my kids will go out for any of the school teams. Probably not. Yeah, I want to know what you do all day with kids gone. If it is like me, the time goes WAAAAY to fast and you can't believe they are coming home already.