Sunday, November 16, 2008
Just catchin up
So things have been busy but nothing noteworthy. Just been keeping up with everyone's activities and homework. Nathan has been discovering a little free time since he got released from the bishopric. He sang a beautiful solo in church today. He got lots of nice comments. Jonathan was voted in as the vice president of the SHO Club (students helping others) at school. Jennifer is looking forward to her birthday in a few weeks. Only 6 more months until she can get her learner's permit. Joshua got ordained a deacon last week and passed the sacrament for the first time today. He did a good job. Jared has been taking an art class after school one day and Jacob has been keeping himself busy with preschool. I have just been trying to keep everyone where they need to be. One thing that I do every week is cut coupons from the paper and then match them up with what is on sale. It takes a lot of time but I just love a good deal. Last week I headed to the grocery store with my coupons and ad in hand. I knew I was going to get some good deals but I wasn't prepared for how good it would really be. I got my groceries and the checker started adding everything up. I handed her my coupons and I watched my total start dropping. Before she started deducting my coupons my total was 120.82. I paid 14.71 for the 45 items I had purchased. I walked out of the store feeling pretty good. That was the most I have ever saved. Nathan teases me about my coupon clipping--but he was actually pretty impressed this time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'll have to call you about the coupon clipping. I love a good deal also! Saving money is always a good thing.
Are you going to give us a mini class on your coupon clipping when you come for Cristmas?
Amazing! I love doing coupons too but looks like I could improve a whole lot after seeing your great deal!
That's right. I remember Nathan's nice voice! A friend e-mailed me some info. and tips on coupons and deals. She is really into it, and I am going to give it a try. It really does add up. Glad you guys are doing well!
Do you cut your coupons from the paper or do you find them online?
In addition to the amazing savings, I'm impressed you only spent $120 to feed your family for the week!
I was feeling great about the fantastic deal I got on new phones--since our old ones were dying. Yours is a much better story. Most impressive!
It has been forever since I have left any comments. Great job on the coupon clipping. I actually did it for the first time on Saturday. I bought an entire Thanksgiving dinner for a family of five in our ward for 35.00 dollars. I used a ton of coupons and good deals as well. It is always nice to save money. Especailly in times like now. Love you lots.
Post a Comment