So I started planting my garden this week. I don't have a very big garden, but it seems to be enough for me for now. Maybe when I get better at knowing when to grow things I will expand. It is so strange to me to be putting beans and peas in the garden in September! I also planted a few different lettuces, green onions, radishes and I plan to add some carrots. I did a lot of research on which plants will grow this time of year. If you think that it is strange to be planting in September--my next planting will be in Jan/Feb. This week I will plant my flowers. They will last until May or June and then it will get too hot. Although this year some of them actually survived the heat because of the location I planted them. This picture is from a few years ago, it looks quite a bit different now. I will post more recent photos when there is something more to see than dirt.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Garden
So I started planting my garden this week. I don't have a very big garden, but it seems to be enough for me for now. Maybe when I get better at knowing when to grow things I will expand. It is so strange to me to be putting beans and peas in the garden in September! I also planted a few different lettuces, green onions, radishes and I plan to add some carrots. I did a lot of research on which plants will grow this time of year. If you think that it is strange to be planting in September--my next planting will be in Jan/Feb. This week I will plant my flowers. They will last until May or June and then it will get too hot. Although this year some of them actually survived the heat because of the location I planted them. This picture is from a few years ago, it looks quite a bit different now. I will post more recent photos when there is something more to see than dirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That does seem strange to be planting at those times! It almost seems to me like you would have a longer harvesting season than we do. I'm jealous!
I am excited for you, I love planting season no matter where or when it is! More pics please.
how fun to have a garden. I can't wait for that!
Planting a garden at the tip of southern California is the same way - I remember fall gardening growing up.
I'm starting to get a little jealous over your weather...at least during this time of year! Sounds so fun to be able to plant those things during this time of year. (I just noticed I am not the first to say I'm jealous!)
I think gradening is so fun and wish I was better at it. How fun to have a year round growing season!! It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment