Sunday, September 14, 2008
What have we been doing?
I haven't posted for awhile. There just hasn't been anything very exciting going on. So what have I been doing. Let's see-- I have been making a cloud for Jared's school play, an Egyptian costume for Joshua's Egyptian wax museum, a page to go in the preschool scrapbook for Jacob, helping Jennifer finish her project for Young Women in Excellence, and taking Jonathan to numerous doctor appointments. It all becomes quite a juggling act sometimes. We did have a great time watching the last 2 BYU games. We don't get all of them so its fun when we do get one on TV. The weather is starting to cool and I actually felt fall in the air. Its still a little warm in the daytime but its starting to cool off in the evenings and the mornings are nice. So soon I will be planting my fall garden and putting new flowers in my flower beds. Does anyone have any good book recommendations? I am hoping to have some time to do a little reading now that Jacob is back in preschool full swing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry about Jonathan's appointments. Is he doing okay? When you plant your garden and flowers you could post that! There is a corn maze here that made the maze in the shape of David Archuleta this year! How fun is that?!
Sharon,
What are you planting? I am reading a book called Christy. They made a TV mini series of it in the 90's. It is really good. Look it up on google to see if you would like it. What's the latest with Jon?
Whew! You have been busy! And you are even looking for book recommendations on top of it all! I'm not sure what types of books you are interested in and lately I've been reading a lot of young adult fiction (Artemis Fowl, Brisengr is out now!, Once Upon a Time series) but my more adultish ones that I love are Life of Pi and I Never Promised You a Rose Garden. But I could go on...
Hope you take some good pics of those costumes!
A few fiction ideas:
Wish You Well--David Baldacci
Shannon Hales fairy tales
A Town Like Alice—Nevil Shute
Charlotte’s Rose—A.E. Cannon **
The Book Thief—Markus Zusak
The Mysterious Benedict Society—Trenton Lee Stewart
A Thousand Splendid Suns—Khaled Hosseini
The Misadventures of Maude March—Audrey Couloumbis
The Teacher’s Funeral—Richard Peck
Before the Dawn—Dean Hughes
Hattie Big Sky—Kirby Larson
Daddy Long-Legs—Jean Webster
Dear Enemy—Jean Webster
A Break With Charity, A Story about the Salem Witch Trials—Ann Rinaldi
Igraine the Brave—Cornelia Funke
Momariam
Post a Comment